SEARHC is a non-profit health consortium which serves the health interests of the residents of Southeast Alaska. We see our employees as our strongest assets. It is our priority to further their development and our organization by aiding in their professional advancement.
Working at SEARHC is more than a job, it’s a fulfilling career. We offer generous benefits, including retirement, paid time off, paid parental leave, health, dental, and vision benefits, life insurance and long and short-term disability, and more.
Responsible for the management of revenue integrity to include CDM management, charge capture, revenue reconciliation, denials management, and reporting and analytics. Responsible for the management of instructional design strategy and framework for provider and clinical staff training. Responsible for the management of business applications for specific systems and revenue cycle workflows. Participates in the entire revenue cycle system life cycle to provide application of analysis concepts, including evaluation of current state against desired future state with consideration to policy, compliance, evidence, quality, operational standardization, workflow implications, reliability, and usability of the system.
This is NOT a remote position
Key Essential Functions and Accountabilities of the Job
Education, Certifications, and Licenses Required
• Bachelor’s degree – required
• Seven or more years’ experience working in the U.S. healthcare industry may be used to substitute the Bachelor’s Degree requirement.
Five or more years’ experience utilizing health information technology programs, devices, and hardware to data to inform program development, implementation, and policy with at least three years of clinical informatics or revenue cycle informatics work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Accounts receivable and medical terminology and billing/collection practices; payer edits, rejections, rules, and how to appropriately respond to each; and health information technology, such as Cerner products
• Analytical and creative problem solving skills
• Oral and written communication skills
• Project Management
• Timely and successful appeals to insurance companies
• Work on different projects simultaneously in fast environment and appropriately handle overlapping commitments and deadlines
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Less than 10% travel expected.