SEARHC is a non-profit health consortium which serves the health interests of the residents of Southeast Alaska. We see our employees as our strongest assets. It is our priority to further their development and our organization by aiding in their professional advancement.
Working at SEARHC is more than a job, it’s a fulfilling career. We offer generous benefits, including retirement, paid time off, paid parental leave, health, dental, and vision benefits, life insurance and long and short-term disability, and more.
The Sonographer must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients’ service on his or her assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit’s/area/department’s policies and procedures.
Key Essential Functions and Accountabilities of the Job
AGES SPECIFIC TO DEPARTMENT:
Newborn- Birth through 1 Month
Infant- 1 Month through 5 years
School Age- 6 years through 12 years
Adolescent/Teenager-13 years through 17 years
Young Adult- 18 years through 34 years
Middle Adult- 35 years through 50 years
Mature Adult- 51 years through 69 years
Geriatric Adult- 70 years +
Employee will work with patients/employees of all cultural and religious backgrounds.
ETHICS AND COMPLIANCE
Employee performs within the prescribed limits of SEARHC Ethics and Compliance Program. Is responsible to detect, observe and report compliance variances to their immediate supervisor, or upward through the chain of command, the Compliance Officer or hospital hotline.
All employees must adhere to the Mission, Vision, and Key Values of SEARHC.
1. Must provide Sonographic examination of all body parts for diagnostic interpretation. Must exercise professional judgement in performance of procedures applying principles of radiation protection.
2. Performs diagnostic medical sonography within department and other areas.
3. Maintains patient records and files.
4. Assumes responsibility for departmental quality assurance program.
5. Pursues continuing education.
6. Transfers patient to and from imaging.
7. In absence of supervisor, can assume responsibility of department.
8. Rotates shifts as required.
9. Performs ancillary duties as requested by supervisor.
10. Follows policies and procedures as set up by SEARHC Administration.
11. Assists in general hygiene of department and self.
12. Should be able to work well in situations of stress.
13. Must be willing to learn other imaging modalities as Manager sees fit.
14. Must be able to perform duties in two fields of ultrasound (General and vascular, or Cardiac)
15. Able and willing to perform other duties as assigned.
1. Perform all requested exams for diagnostic interpretation by a radiologist.
2. Continue to seek a higher level of education with RDMS certification (Abd, OB/GYN, RVT, RDCS).
3. Pursue continuing education to fulfill radiology and/or RDMS requirements.
4. Responsible for care of transducers.
5. Responsible for neatness of work area.
6. Responsible for paperwork that accompanies procedure
7. Assistance with ultrasound invasive procedures.
8. Participate in the preparation of policy and procedure in this area.
9. Consult with referring physicians.
10. Care of Trophon station.
11. Assists with all efforts to obtain accreditations.
12. Actively pursues education in a changing field.
Attends department/organizational meetings, in-services, and disaster drills
Education, Certifications, and Licenses Required
• Current or obtain registry within one year, ARDMS in RDCS or obtain within 1 year.
• Able to perform all diagnostic exams as related to assigned modality.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Technologist Level Assignment
Tech I – ARDMS in one modality (ABD, OB/GYN, RVT, RDCS)
Tech II – ARDMS certified in two modalities/ARDMS categories (ABD, OB/GYN, RVT, RDCS)
Tech III – ARDMS categories in three modalities (ABD, OB/GYN, RVT, RDCS)
Tech IV – ARDMS categories (ABD, OB/GYN, RVT, RDCS)
• BLS Certification
Travel may be required to provide services to various SEARHC sites.