SEARHC is a non-profit health consortium which serves the health interests of the residents of Southeast Alaska. We see our employees as our strongest assets. It is our priority to further their development and our organization by aiding in their professional advancement.
Working at SEARHC is more than a job, it’s a fulfilling career. We offer generous benefits, including retirement, paid time off, paid parental leave, health, dental, and vision benefits, life insurance and long and short-term disability, and more.
This position functions within the Outpatient Department to assist patients and medical staff within the ambulatory care setting responsible for the overall operation of the Clinic.
The clinic does D&C, ablations in office, OB/GYN care, Case Management, Gyn Oncology services, and fertility treatments.
Maintains skill sets, annual competencies, certifications, and participates in in-services and educational programs within the Clinic, hospital, and/or community as assigned; completes all mandatory training; attends and participates in staff meetings; adheres to infection control policy and procedures. Maintains a clean and safe working environment including adequate supplies and upkeep of unit and equipment, reporting any defective or missing equipment and safety hazards; refers un-resolved problems with patients/coworkers/visitors to department manager or administrative manager for resolution; addresses employee concerns consistent with Human Resources Policy.
Shift: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
$36.68 - $46.78/hr, DOE.
Key Essential Functions and Accountabilities of the Job
Education, Certifications, and Licenses Required
• Current full, unrestricted Registered Nursing license in Alaska or other U.S. state required.
o Direct Hire must have applied for an Alaska nursing license before start date.
o Agency staff must have an active Alaska license.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 1 year of acute care experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Nursing process and the ability to apply this in the working environment.
• Customer service principles.
• Safety and infection control principles.
• Completing assessments, anticipation of needs, and specimen collection.
• Use of equipment such as computers and medical equipment.
• Effective oral and written communications skills.
• Multi-task and work independently in fast paced environment.
• Be a team-player.
• Willing to teach when appropriate.
• Problem-solve and use critical thinking skills to develop and maintain good working relations with other staff and departments.
• Willingness to ask for help when encountering a new or challenging situation.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint