SEARHC is a non-profit health consortium which serves the health interests of the residents of Southeast Alaska. We see our employees as our strongest assets. It is our priority to further their development and our organization by aiding in their professional advancement.
Working at SEARHC is more than a job, it’s a fulfilling career. We offer generous benefits, including retirement, paid time off, paid parental leave, health, dental, and vision benefits, life insurance and long and short-term disability, and more.
Responsible for coordinating the delivery of appropriate and timely care for patients, promoting quality and cost effective health care outcomes. Works with at risk populations and those with chronic disease(s) by providing comprehensive care coordination in clinical and home-based settings within the existing local network of clinical, home and community based services.
$24.37 - $30.58/hr DOE
Key Essential Functions and Accountabilities of the Job
• Assists the care team in coordinating safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, patient-centered care. Assesses self-management skills of patients and caregivers and encourages wellness and autonomy through support, training and coordination of community and/or referred services. Communicates regularly with patients and caregivers regarding Plan of Care (POC).
• Supports care coordination within and outside of the SEARHC health system to ensure a consistent, effective, supportive system of care. Tracks and maintains case management/coordination data. Monitors patient progress and tracks outcomes using SEARHC standards of performance and care.
• Acts as a communication portal between patients and their care team. Communicates lab results to patients and performs point of care testing and coaching when relevant, generates patient letters and completes relevant forms as needed.
• Advocates for patient and patient caregivers at service-delivery level, empower patient decision-making and self-care, and addresses patient needs in a timely manner.
• Participates in departmental and clinical improvement efforts, maintains a clean and safe working environment for self, staff, and patients, and maintains compliance with annual competencies.
• Identifies community resources, fosters partnerships, and utilizes resources effectively
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint