SEARHC is a non-profit health consortium which serves the health interests of the residents of Southeast Alaska. We see our employees as our strongest assets. It is our priority to further their development and our organization by aiding in their professional advancement.
Working at SEARHC is more than a job, it’s a fulfilling career. We offer generous benefits, including retirement, paid time off, paid parental leave, health, dental, and vision benefits, life insurance and long and short-term disability, and more.
Provides comprehensive family medicine services within the scope of training and experience to people of all ages and genders.
Key Essential Functions and Accountabilities of the Job
Education, Certifications, and Licenses Required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Primary health care practices and principles
• Basic emergency care and protocol where appropriate
• Common disease processes and pharmacology
• Standards of care, EMTALA, HIPAA, health care risk management principles, medical ethics, and medical malpractice principles
• Effective communication skill and ability to interact with staff and patients
• Operating essential basic medical equipment
• Making proper assessments based upon history, exam, lab, x-ray, and other data
• Incorporating health promotion and health prevention activities into patient care
• Educating patients and family members about diagnoses, treatment plan alternatives, risks, options, and medications
• Providing high-quality health care services including the performance of medical procedures appropriate to the outpatient and emergency care setting
• Promote teamwork and collaboration
• Resolve conflict
• Efficiently utilize electronic medical record and other clinically-required technology
• Carefully listen to patients and family members
• Clearly express ideas through oral and written communication
• Efficiently analyze complex situations and solve problems
Software Powered by iCIMS