SEARHC is a non-profit health consortium which serves the health interests of the residents of Southeast Alaska. We see our employees as our strongest assets. It is our priority to further their development and our organization by aiding in their professional advancement.
Working at SEARHC is more than a job, it’s a fulfilling career. We offer generous benefits, including retirement, paid time off, paid parental leave, health, dental, and vision benefits, life insurance and long and short-term disability, and more.
The major responsibility of the Activities Aide is to engage the long term care residents in meaningful activities. To keep the staff aware of current activities and use available volunteers. To have knowledge of the organizational structure within the facility. Know purpose of activity programs, the needs of residents, method of motivation, and available local community resources. Will work weekends, evenings, and Holidays. Have ability to carry out above duties and responsibilities.
Hours will be 8-4:30/4 Days per week generally Monday, Tues, Sat, Sunday. Helps with individual or group activities and helps with van/bus rides. Great job for advancement!
1. Assist in organizing social, recreational, religious and cultural activity programs. Assist in making arrangements necessary for community groups to come and provide any such programs.
2. Take care that each individual resident will be aware of each and every activity and asked if he/she would like to participate.
3. To Instruct or provide instruction for residents projects when necessary or advisable.
4. Encourage resident participation in activities according to his/her interest and capacity.
5. Cooperate with other departments, especially the nursing staff and food service in coordinating activity programs into facility's overall pattern.
6. Maintain necessary record keeping.
7. Attend required in-services.
8. Participate in public relations effort.
9. Willingness to work for best interests of institution.
10. Punctual and dependable.
11. Initiative to plan and implement activity programs alongside the Activities Director.
12. Ability to supervise others.
13. Able to detect subtle changes in residents that may indicate distress.
14. Has genuine love and understanding of the aged and handicapped, and willing to work with them consistently, despite regressions and seemingly insidious progress.
15. Uses tact and courtesy in dealing with residents, their families and visitors, and staff.
16. Assist in organizing and mentoring volunteers for activity oriented projects in the facility.
17. Assist in the day room with resident safety as needed.
18. Other duties as assigned.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Should have experience in working with older people and on activities programs.
· Experience in using basic craft materials.
· A current state of Alaska driver's license.
· Food handlers card within three (3) months of hire.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Previous experience in long-term care facilities.