SEARHC is a non-profit health consortium which serves the health interests of the residents of Southeast Alaska. We see our employees as our strongest assets. It is our priority to further their development and our organization by aiding in their professional advancement.
Working at SEARHC is more than a job, it’s a fulfilling career. We offer generous benefits, including retirement, paid time off, paid parental leave, health, dental, and vision benefits, life insurance and long and short-term disability, and more.
The Medical Staff Services Specialist maintains compliance with all regulatory and accrediting institutions by performing credentialing functions and supporting professional practice evaluation processes. The specialist assists with the coordination of medical staff activities under the direction of the Manager of MSS. The specialist will also provide administrative assistance to the Medical Staff, and the various Medical Staff Committees as needed. Knowledge and adherence to applicable regulations, standards, and medical staff policies and strict confidentiality is required. The incumbent collaborates with the administrative assistants of hospital/clinic administrators and various clinics to serve as a liaison between Medical Staff, nursing staff and Administration as needed.
1. Creates, maintains, and manages credentials files for medical staff (active, courtesy, associate, advanced practice professional, and emeritus) by assuring all new medical staff complete a credentialing packet. Corresponds with medical staff and other healthcare professionals to obtain credentialing information. Identifies discrepancies in information and conducts follow-up. Efficiently performs all aspects of credentialing verification, including initial and recredentialing. Compiles, organizes, and reviews information in timely manner to ensure any issues are identified and explanations are obtained. Works with team and Manager of MSS to ensure applications are complete.
2. Compiles documentation, tracks and communicates with reviewers during focused professional practice evaluation process for newly privileged providers. Uses all available methods to compile quality data for ongoing professional practice evaluation process for all privileged providers. Works with Manager of MSS, Medical Staff, and various departments to make PPE process and metrics meaningful in performance improvement.
3. Support staff person for medical staff committees as needed by assisting with meeting scheduling, preparation, taking, and preparing minutes of those meetings. Provides administrative support to the Medical Staff as needed. Prepares letters, memos, and reports into final form from rough drafts, brief notes, or oral instructions. Responsible for proper spelling, grammar, format, punctuation, capitalization, and sentence structure. Drafts letters, acknowledgements, and other routine correspondence as required based on the knowledge of the organization’s policies and supervisor's views.
4. Tracks expiration dates for credentials and licenses based off accreditation standards. Verifies renewals and communicates with medical staff on required steps to maintain credentials. Maintains credentialing database.
5. Works with team and Manager of MSS to identify opportunities for improvement and implement new improvement initiatives.
6. Other duties as
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: