SEARHC is a non-profit health consortium which serves the health interests of the residents of Southeast Alaska. We see our employees as our strongest assets. It is our priority to further their development and our organization by aiding in their professional advancement.
Working at SEARHC is more than a job, it’s a fulfilling career. We offer generous benefits, including retirement, paid time off, paid parental leave, health, dental, and vision benefits, life insurance and long and short-term disability, and more.
Assist the SEARHC Dental Division in delivering optimum age specific prevention and curative periodontal and dental care for the SEARHC patient population, perform hygiene services on patients of all ages, including special needs adults, maintain day-to day flow of the assigned clinic, including daily office oversight and provision of direction and guidance to staff as needed, oversee front desk operations including: patient registration, patient check-in and check-out, answering the clinic phone line, training and supervising Patient Access Representatives, provide direct supervision for the pediatric dental assistants and assist with career development of those employees. Maintain customer service standards of excellence with patients of all ages. Additional responsibilities may include conducting project work and other administrative duties as assigned by the manager or clinic director.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Working knowledge of proper infection control techniques
• Understanding of the principles of dental and periodontal disease and appropriate treatment therapies
• Working knowledge of the proper use of dental instruments
• Clinical hygiene skills
• Oral and written communication ability
• Accurate clinical judgment
• Friendly communication skills during stressful situations and ability to maintain composure
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Leadership and mentorship skills
• Physically able to sit over patient for hours at a time
• Dexterity with hands
• Computer application skills
• Work in a fast paced setting
• Ability to organize, prioritize tasks, and complete projects
• Ability to use judgment and make decisions in an independent manner